Have you ever considered tinting the windows on your car, home, or office? Adding window tint can provide many benefits beyond just making your windows look darker. High quality window tint protects your interior from UV rays that cause fading, provides an extra layer of security and privacy, helps regulate interior temperatures and save on heating/cooling costs, and allows you to customize the look of your space.
But not all window tint is created equal. Getting your windows professionally tinted with proper installation makes all the difference both functionally and visually. That’s why it’s important to find an experienced, reputable window tint shop in your local area. Keep reading to learn what to look for and questions to ask to determine the best window tint services near you.
Why Consider Professional Window Tinting?
Here are some of the top benefits that quality window film application can provide:
- Block UV Rays – Window tint contains UV blockers that help prevent fading and degradation of interior furnishings from the sun’s harsh rays. This protects fabrics, flooring, dashboards and skin from UV damage.
- Enhanced Privacy – Darker tint, especially on home windows, offers privacy from onlookers. Reflective window tint also obscures visibility so outsiders can’t see inside.
- Temperature Regulation – Window tint helps reduce heat gain in warmer months. This can make car interiors cooler and cut back on air conditioning costs in the home. In colder weather, it helps trap heat to reduce reliance on cranking up the heat.
- Energy Savings – By better regulating interior temps, window tint enables reduced energy usage. This translates into lower electric bills – savings that can pay for the tint in no time.
- Security – Extra security and smash & grab resistance come with safety window films. It makes breaking glass more difficult, keeping intruders out.
- Visual Appeal – Finally, cooler looking cars and architectural aesthetics give window tint great curb appeal!
The level of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission (VLT) percentages – the lower the percentage, the darker the tint.
|Level of Tint
|Very light tint
|Less than 15%
|Very dark tint
What to Look for in a Window Tint Company
While many shops offer window tinting services, not all provide the same quality of results, experience, products, and care. Be selective when determining who to trust your car, home, or business to for the best window film installation.
Here are the top things that matter most in a window tint provider:
- Years of Professional Experience – The longer a shop has been tinting in your area the better. Ask how long they’ve been in business. Look for well over 5+ years consistently.
- High Quality Film Products Used – Trust only use of reputable commercial grade films from brands like 3M. Beware shops using cheap no-name products that won’t endure.
- Attention to Detail Oriented – Quality window tint application is meticulous work. Professionals take care prepping the surface, use heat guns, and precision cutting tools.
- Strong Customer Service & Satisfaction Guaranteed – The best of the best stand behind their work completely. They will address any issues, bubbles, or redos immediately under warranty.
- Competitively & Fairly Priced – Superior work matched with fair honest pricing and avoiding hidden fees. Beware absurd high or lowball quotes.
- Great Online Reviews & Local Reputation – Positive customer commentary and a proven local track record go far.
Where to Find Window Tint Shops Near Me
Use these methods to find top reviewed window tinting options in your area:
- Online Searches – Using Google maps and searches for “window tint near me” is a good start. Cross-reference top hits with review sites.
- Check Review Sites Like Google, Yelp, etc. – Don’t rely solely on sponsored ads. Vet shops thoroughly through objective third party review sites.
- Ask for Referrals – Talk to friends, neighbors, family members, coworkers and ask if they’d recommend their tint provider. Word of mouth matters.
- Call Your Car Dealership – Many dealerships either offer window tinting services themselves or can refer partner vendors they trust for quality.
- Look for Specialty Tint Shops – Businesses dedicated and focused solely on window films often deliver superior results.
Key Questions to Ask Potential Window Tint Shops
Once you have a few possible contenders to tint your car, home or business windows, take time to call them and ask questions prior to committing. These questions will help ensure you pick the right window tint shop near you:
- How long have you been in business specifically with window tinting?
- Do you provide any manufacturer warranties on film products used?
- What are the names of your most used and trusted window film brands?
- Do you have any example images or videos of previous tint jobs I could see?
- Can you provide a few references from past clients that I may contact?
- Do you offer lifetime warranties on the quality of the installation and performance?
- Will there be any hidden charges or fees beyond the quoted pricing?
Getting answers to these questions will help determine which local tint shops rise to the top both experience and quality wise. Pay attention to how responsive and knowledgeable they are answering both over email and phone too.
Average Pricing for Window Tinting Services
exact pricing for window tinting varies quite a bit based on things like:
- Type of glass – Auto, residential, commercial
- Number of windows
- Complexity to install based on window shape/size
- Film percent visibility desired
- Extra features like scratch-resistance
Automotive tinting tends to run somewhere between $100 all the way up to $500+ for higher end luxury vehicles requiring custom work. The average cost most consumers pay is $179 to $349 for quality car window tinting.
Home window tint pricing averages $3-$7 per sq. foot based on factors mentioned prior. Larger homes with 20+ standard sized windows could pay between $600 up to $1,800+ for high performance custom films.
Never choose a shop based on price alone when getting windows tinted. Pay for quality work from tenured experts using reputable films that will endure. Saving a few bucks today costs much more long-run if you end up with bubbling, ugly purple hued films that leak heat or fade quickly. Investing a bit more upfront ensures your satisfaction for years to come.
Finding a Reliable Window Tint Shop Near You
Getting your car, home or business windows professionally tinted reaps many functional and aesthetic rewards when high quality film products combine with skilled installation. But not all tint providers offer the same level of expertise, experience and quality.
By better understanding exactly what to look for, where to find, and questions to ask potential local window tinting companies, you can best determine the superior provider fit for your needs. Taking time to carefully choose who tints your windows leads to greater satisfaction and performance with this investment.
Also Read More : How to Remove Tint from Car Windows